Enroll now, to get your Aadhaar card
Date of Publishing: 2011-07-01 00:00:00.0
Apart from the enrollment camp set up by the 'Unique Identification Authority of India', now enrollment for the Aadhaar cards has begun in 10 post offices in the city. The post offices are located at HAL Second Stage, General Post Office, RT Nagar, Rajajinagar, Vijayanagar, Mahalakshmipuram, Basavanagudi Head Office, Jayanagar Head Office and Wilson Garden. Now, residents can just walk into any of these post offices for enrollment.
How to get an Aadhaar card?
Residents need to visit the nearest enrollment camp and need to fulfill some formalities in order to register for an Aadhaar card. Documents verification, biometric scanning of ten fingerprints as well as biometric scanning of iris and capturing of photograph, are the process involved in it. After fulfilling few stages for enrollment, residents will get an Aadhaar number within 30 days.
The following documents are required while applying for Aadhaar UID card.
Proof of name and photo identity: (any one from list below)
- PAN card
- Ration/PDS photo card
- Voter ID
- Driving licence
- Government photo ID cards
- NREGS job card
- Photo ID issued by recognised
- educational institute
- Arms licence
- Photo bank ATM card
- Photo credit card
- Pensioner photo card
- Freedom fighter photo card
- Kissan photo passbook
- CGHS/ECHS photo card
- Address card having name photo issued by department of post.
Proof of address: (any one from list below):
- Bank Statement
- Post Office
- Account Statement/Passbook
- Ration Card
- Voter ID /Driving Licence
- Government Photo ID cards
- Electricity Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Water bill (not older than 3 months)
- Telephone Landline Bill (not older than 3 months)
- Property Tax Receipt (not older than 3 months)
- Credit Card Statement (not older than 3 months)
- Insurance Policy
- Signed Letter having Photo from Bank on letterhead
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by registered Company on letterhead
- Signed Letter having Photo issued by Recognized Educational Instruction on letterhead
- NREGS Job Card
- Arms Licence
- Pensioner Card
- Freedom Fighter Card
- Kissan Passbook
- CGHS / ECHS Card
- Certificate of Address having photo issued by MP or MLA or Group A Gazetted Officer on let terhead
- Certificate of Address issued by Village Panchayat head or its equiv alent authority (for rural areas)
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Vehicle Registration Certificate
- Registered Sale / Lease / Rent Agreement
- Address Card having Photo issued by Department of Posts
- Caste and Domicile Certificate having Photo issued by State Govt.
Proof of Date of Birth (optional): (any one from list below)
- Birth Certificate
- SSLC Book/Certificate
- Certificate of Date of Birth issued by Group A Gazetted Officer on letterhead
Advantages of having an Aadhaar card
The concept of Aadhaar is to issue every resident of India, a unique identification number based on their demographics and biometrics. The Aadhaar number will become the single source of identity verification.
It will provide the government the accurate data on residents and enable them to initiate direct benefit programmes.
Telephone - 1800-180-1947
Fax - 080-2353 1947
Letters - PO Box 1947, GPO Bangalore - 560001
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org